When you meet someone new, the first date (the first impression you make on this person) is probably one of the most crucial moments. For, many base all future thoughts (and interactions) of who you are as a person, based on your behavior during this potentially fun or disastrous event.
In this post, I’ll be giving some simple and practical tips on how you can impress your date and ensure a second date. Let’s begin!
- Don’t show up late. Time is the most precious thing we have, so when you go out on a date always be punctual. Although, there are some exceptions to this rule. In Colombia, I actually had to adapt to life here by showing up late for dates and other appointments, because most Colombians do not understand how clocks work. Instead of me waiting for tardy people, I make them wait. On the first meeting, I always show up on time. And if the person arrives late, I then appear at least twenty minutes late for our next planned date. Might as well give them a taste of their own medicine and save yourself some time, right?
- Get off your phone. When you’re on a date, put your darn phone away. One of the most obnoxious things to do on a date is spend half of your time ignoring your date and talking to other people. Focus completely on the person in front of you. After all, this may be the last time that you ever see them.
- Be fun and positive. Don’t talk about bad/horrible things from your past, like how you failed in college multiple times, or when your cat died in some freak accident. Your new date is not also your new shrink.
- Don’t be cheap with waiters or other servers. Cheapness is not an attractive trait. If you can’t afford much, then go out on an inexpensive walk across the city or beach and eat some street food.
- Project confidence, by not stuttering when you speak or slouching low like a hunched-back dork.
- Bathe well and thoroughly, groom yourself, take the grit from underneath your fingernails, and dress stylishly. Appearance is king.
- When eating or drinking, don’t do it like a pig. Chew your food with your mouth closed. Do not slurp soups or drinks and make disgusting unattractive sounds, while food dribbles down your chin and onto your shirt.
- Don’t go to a social gathering or place where your date could be easily distracted, flirted with, or hit on, by other people. Go to a place where you can focus and enjoy each other in a relatively private location, where there aren’t many “predators” around.
- Do not talk about anything that could be considered controversial, political or argument provoking. If your date is the sensitive type, then one comment could ruin your night.
- Try to determine from the beginning if your date is just a superficial sexual fling or worthy of a long-term relationship. If you want to have something meaningful with this person, then I don’t recommend having sex on the first date. (This is probably one of the toughest rules to follow on this list, especially if your date is ultra-attractive and sexual!)
- The best first date kiss, should not have you sticking your horny tongue deep into your dates throat. Show some restraint; give them a reason to want to go out with you again.
- Don’t be nervous, or take the entire interaction very seriously. There are many fish in the sea, so if you fuck up a few dates (or several dates) don’t overstress it or beat yourself up too much. Use each date as a learning experience. A way for you to improve yourself and learn about others.
Hope this list helps you all, happy dating friends!
Check out this other Great Post about finding love on the road!